Monday, April 7, 2008

Technolust


I want an Iphone. Yes, I'm a baby boomer, and I don't know html, and I can't usually understand the Windows popups on my computer telling me to do something, and only my kids own Ipods. But I want an Iphone. Right now, I carry around an MP3 player so I can listen to books on SuffolkWave. I carry around a PDA so I can keep track of my life which involves way too many appointments. And sometimes, I carry a digital camera, if I remember to stash it in my purse. So now, I have a very heavy purse. And still no access to the internet or my email.

Why an Iphone? It has high quality audio and video, a relatively large screen, a touch screen, a built in camera, access to music, and soon, access to SuffolkWave. And lots of memory. Also, you can interact with it using hand motions. Turn it sideways, and the page goes horizontal. Way cool. And here I am, planning a mobile conference, and all I have is my cell phone that sometimes let me use it to make a phone call. Hmmm. Could someone tell my husband that he could score a lot of points by buying me an Iphone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I a with you. I saw Tony Burroughs using his iPhone at the genealogy conference to store his research and I decided he had something there. I don't use a PDA, but I do use an mp3 for Suffolkwave books, that we won't be able to get on our iPhones

Anonymous said...

But soon we will. Overdrive will be delivering content in the format compatible with the iPhone. It's a bummer that we will have to pay twice (I think) should we choose to buy multiple formats. I'm a bit unclear about that. Maybe someone who knows what they're talking about will comment.

Anonymous said...

What's way kool about iPhone, iPod, iMac is iHave1

Anonymous said...

Hi, Diane.
And I, have NO technolust.
As long as I have control over the
remote when I want to catch 3 cable news shows at once, I'm happy.

How is DC? Did you look up from all the gadgets long enough to see the cherry blossoms, if they are still blooming. Who is there that I know? Get to Georgetown?
I just e-mailed you-twice.
See you Sat. Safe home and enjoy.

Deb